Short throw shifters for STi

Anyone ever try any of the aftermarket short throw shifters for the STi or WRX?

Reply to
Philip Procter

Don't bother. The STi Complete Linkage replacement is the best.

Reply to
JaySee

You mean shorter than the STi already has? My God man, how little do you want to move the shifter??? Compared to a DSM or Honda the STi feels like you hardly move the shifter.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

I've never driven any built Honda's, etc. The shifter on my STi feels long and notchy, and I assumed I could do better. The Subaru part is pricey, but if it's worth it, OK. I just didn't know what else was out there.

Thanks!

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

If you get a chance take any other manual tranmission car out for a drive. The difference is huge. My old Eagle Talon, and Honda Accord were the notchy and looong to shift. It does take a while to get used to the STi. The gates are a little tricky at first. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

I dunno what Hondas you've driven, but Honda has FAR BETTER shifters than the stock STi. Integra GS-R, Type R and S2000 just to name a few. I have the Gold STi 5-Speed linkage in my WRX Wagon and it's still not as good as the GS-R shift linkage I had in my Civic. The stock STi

6-speed linkage is a little bit shorter than mine.
Reply to
JaySee

My '75 Scirrocco had a loooooong throw shifter. I could move the shifter side so side 8-10 inches and forward and back about the same - all while remaining firmly in gear. Compared to some things, ALL cars are short shifters now...

Reply to
Cam Penner

I found that on my Saabs and Talon that the slightly longer shift throw gives a better feel, easer shifting and much smoother overall driving pleasure. The short throw is stiffer (ratio) and good for supper fast shifts only. JMHO. ed

Reply to
Edward Hayes