impreza wrx wagon

Hi all, sorry for my bad english, i'm from italy and i'm going to buy a '06 impreza sw wrx. officially this car will be sell on november/dec here; can someone tell me some information and any impression about this car ? the old wrx had 2 litres engine and new has the 2,5.......thanks

Reply to
Cris

Edward Hayes

You may enjoy reading at

. I recently purchased an '06 WRX wagon and so far it is everything I expected. More car than this driver will ever need! In addition to the xtra .5 liter displacement, it has variable valve timing that can continuously shift the cam timing up to 35 degrees. The HP is only up a few from the '05 but the peak torque is lower at 3600 rpm. It REALLY starts to pull at 3K. I did not own a WRX before this one so have no way to offer comparison. Many folks dislike the new front grill. I suppose if I already owned am '04, '05 that I was happy with I certainly wouldn't rush out to replace it with the '06. But it is just as nice mechanically I suppose. Aluminum lower arms, aluminum hood and hatch, 4 pot front calipers, 2 pot rear all painted red with white 'subaru' lettering. VERY comfortable racing-style seats (more comfy that the electric 6 way w/lumbar support seats in my wife's '03 legacy OBW). Lots of head room if you're tall. no complaints so far. taking it to get window tinting and 'clear bra' tomorrow morning.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

thank you very much, now i'm only have to wait......bye

Reply to
Cris

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote in news:C8h4f.16830$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

It should be noted that the '06 WRX had it's horsepower underated by Subaru.

The factory claims 230 hp and 235 ft.lb. Various dynos shows somewhere around 20~25 hp increase and 30~35 ft.lb increase.

So hows does 255 hp, 270 ft.lb torque sound? :) :) :)

Reply to
Largo

this sounds very good!! in italy we have to pay a every year a tax, calculated with the power rated by manufaturer...bye

Reply to
Cris