Is this a decent auto?

Looking at first Subaru. I asked a few general questions a few days ago and didn't get too many responses to so here is something a little more specific.

Looking at a 99 Legacy wagon, 30th anniversary edition. Looks like this model is an L series with all the Outback Limited goodies. The one downside is it has the 2.2L engine coupled with an automatic. The party is asking $10.5k and the car has 70k miles, mostly freeway driving. Commutes 30 miles via freeway with little stop-n-go. Non-smoker and real decent inside and out. Up to now, only problem the car has experienced is ign module failure at about 15k miles. Owner acknowledges the typ engine service needed near 100k miles.

Any comments on whether this is a decent auto (in general, not this specific car) and price? How about the small engine and auto? Is it going to be under powered? We live in flat country near sea level.

TIA for any comments.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

The 2.2L is the only engine I would want given the problems with the 2.5 in that year. The power difference isn't that noticeable the way I drive but take it for a ride. I just paid $10.5 for a '99 outback SUS with125K miles so I think the price is right. TG

Reply to
TG

Thanks for your comments TG.

Not sure why my 2 questions have met with so few replies. Do appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey