moving front roof rail forward on 2001 Forester

Hi,

I'm trying to install bike carrier on roof on 2001 Forester. The bike carrier manufacturer (Yakima) claims to support 2001 Forester. However, I can't fasten the front side of the bike carrier to the front roof rail, because hole in the bike carrier (where I could put a bolt) is too far from the front roof rail. How difficult is it to move front roof rail forward (~ 2 feet). The manual describes procedure of removing roof rails, but not re-positioning them.

The bike carrier model is King Cobra. The fasteners I'm using for the bike carrier are Universal MightyMounts (also from Yakima).

Thanks for any help, Boris

Reply to
Boris

Edward Hayes