need one Firestone Wilderness P225/60R16 tire

Hi all,

I know this is a rather strange request...

I recently cut the side wall of one of my OEM Subaru Outback tires, a Firestone Wilderness P225/60R16. I know these are not the best tires as far as handling and noise go, but they're on there and they've still got a fair amount of life on them. I've had them on the 2001 Outback since I bought the car - it's got about 40,000. My question is... does anyone happen to have an extra Firestone Wilderness P225/60R16 I with life left I could purchase? I'd really like to avoid buying four new tires if at all possible.

thanks!

Reply to
Jade
[posted and mailed]

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jade) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

You will likely need to get 4 tires as a new tire will be larger than your existing tires and can damage the drive train. More info here:

Fuzzy Logic

You may be able to find a shop that can 'shave' your new tire down to match the circumference of the older tires.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Fuzzy Logic wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Yikes... a better question would be what would be the impact to my all wheel drive system if I cannot find a tire that tread and wear levels close to what I have. You may find the cost of buying four tires is cheap compared to the damage you could do to the viscous-coupling locking center differential or variable transfer clutch. Having one tire very different also increases risk as the all wheel drive system cannot perform as effectively.

I was in a friends Subaru a few years back going over 4th of July pass. We had it in 4 WD when the car rear end slid around and we went into a spin. We hit a cement wall at 40 mph head on. The reason... he decided to only replace two of the four wheels. Since the accident I have been told by a number of people, when it comes to AWD and 4 WD, replace all tires... your life is worth a couple hundred dollars!

Reply to
Roger Mill

Geeze, at 40K my Firestones were shot.

Mike '01 OBW

Reply to
Mike

Hi I have 4 of those tires if you like? Just put on 4 brand new treaple tread goodyears.... Where do you live?

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

Nono_baddog