New 2005 WRX facts not guesses please

Hello

I have ordered new WRX 2005 and expect it to come on November. I live in Finland and need to find winter wheels to it. I have received mixed information about the new WRX and its changes regarding last years model. Someone is blaming that WRX will have the same wheel, ET and bolt dimensions, but at the same time other blame that it will change. Many of the wheel manufacturers and particularly resellers are not able to help, due these misunderstandings and poor information chain of Subaru importers and even internal misinformation among importer/resellers.

Does anyone know if there`s a webpage where country or continent based Subaru importer program would raise some light on general questions, like wheels, engine, colours, features & specs and basic + extra eccessories etc.

At this moment I do know that Japan, European and American models do differ and in many ways, so I`m not looking for a subaru.com site or similar, but more precise international site, with fact information of different export programs and not guesses what I have heard already far too much from all possible people in- and outside Subaru`s organisation.

Reply to
Jani

What country are you looking for info for? The 2005 WRX is already out in most countries I believe.

Reply to
Patrick Fisher

Finland - thats the mysterious thing. Although first cars are already delivered to customers in Finland also, the importer even dont know what are the basic measurement with wheels (very important cause soon we`ll have winter but no winter tires cause no wheels), do we have warmed up seats, does 16" wheel fit as with winter tires (mainly to do with breaks), is the climate control semi or full automatic, is cd-radio included, what accessories can you order (funny, but take a look at this

and choose lisävarusteet "accessories"from top and then Impreza, the last yearmodel you can choose is 2003, thisis ridiculous) and in front page of Finnish Impreza model the marketing textsays "Not many can offer such an experience that Subaru Impreza with 218horsepower......". WRX in Finland has been 225 hp at least since 2004, sothis is also at least a year old story.... and the marketing picture iswrong, cause that colour is not even available in Finland (crystal greymetallic).

So there are not many things that could be right, but hey, maybe they dont need to sell so many cars to survive. However, at least the cars are good, maybe the marketing should sharpen itself up a little bit... together with the background organisation taking care of information, PR and marketing.

"Patrick Fisher" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net...

Reply to
Jani

Just do a search for the many wrx/subaru discussion boards such as these:

Someone there will be able to answer your Q.

Reply to
Spudster

Have a go at

if you haven't already done so. The wheel issue for WRX MY05 has been discussed there lately.

According to one poster there, for MY05 the AC is automatic.

Cheers,

-Topi Kuusinen, Finland

Reply to
Topi Kuusinen