New Outback

Hi We have a 98 OBW with very low mileage. It needs new rubber, and suffers from the piston slap cold start noise. It does not seem to have the power it used to. Deal finds no problems, but wants to "power flush this, flush that, pour this in here...", and $800 later "the car will be good as new". Phooey! Both wife and I really like looks of 2005 Outback and are thinking of buying one, instead of tires and tune up for the old one. Wondering if any new 2005 2.5L owners might have also had a 98 and could compare the power and mileage between the new and old?

Thanks

Reply to
DAW