NZ topical - snow & auto hold

Hi, topical with the recent snow around NZ.

First winter with a 2k rsk b4 - auto/tiptronic.

There's a rocker switch next to the auto shifter, with " Power Auto Hold "

written on it. I know that the power button changes the shift points when in full-auto.

Is the 'hold' like the old snow button on the Impreza - where it locks the auto into 1st (and maybe 50/50 power dist f/r) ? If so, does it have the same restrictions around speed too (I think I remember seeing a limit of approx 50k with the Impreza).

Thanks

/c

Reply to
cobs

RTFM.

-mark

Reply to
jb

Imported JDM - no manual. With previous cars, I've tried a couple of the NZ translation crowds, but haven't been impressed. The Impreza manual started talking about a Lancer part way through.

So, anyone else know about the 'hold' part of the 'power - AT - hold' button - or can anyone point me at an online english manual? (my Japanese is rubbish)

/c

Reply to
cobs

Try it. Press the button; accelerate, see if it holds first gear. If you want to see if it holds a 50/50 split, find some nice soft sand or dirt, grass in a pinch, gun it, and drop it into gear. Or just load up the torque convertor - pin the brakes with your left foot as hard as possible, gun the shit out of it with the right. Drop the brake when you are revving as much as possible. True 50/50 split will have you chucking a 4 wheel burnout if the ground is soft enough. If it's not locking it into a 50/50, you'll barely notice a difference from usual tarmac driving.

-mark

Reply to
jb