Ok I want an STI Type 5

How many different models are there? I think its the RA (?) version I'm looking for, but are there any others?

Reply to
Bazza

I have never heard of a type 5 STi

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

I think the current model is "version 8". They refer to the different models as "v2", "v3", etc. It's also written "v.5", "v.6"

Here's a link to a STi Type R Version 5 in the UK:

2 Stroke

The type 5 is real similar to the current production STi. I seem to have all the features of the type 5 plus a few.

Reply to
BlueSTi

Apologies, I did mean a Version 5, not a type 5, but how many different models of the STI Version 5 are there? I'm talking 97-99. Thanks for that link, that was exactly what i was referring to.

Reply to
Bazza

The v5 is the 1999 model year.

See the table on the same site at

I'm sure you found it. There isn't much more to add really thanthe site gives. Theres a 4 door STi, 4 door STi RA, a 5 door STi, anda 2 door STi R. There is also the 4 door WRX, and 4 door WRX RA, 5door WRX.

If you do get one ensure that you run it on super unleaded fuel of

97RON minimum or even better 98RON Shell Optimax. I would also be very wary of any MY99 or MY00 that has had an aftermarket induction kit fitted. The air fuel meter sensor on these two production years is extremely fragile and is in the section of air pipe that these kits fit to. Any vibration and the AFM will be damaged resulting in lean running and a pretty inevitable engine rebuild.

Regards

Steve Impreza WWW Owners Club

Reply to
Steven Breen