once again..... low rmp hesitation on 2000 OBW

hi everybody.....

i check in from time to time as i find this place very friendly and helpful.

like the title says, i'm starting to experience lots of low rpm heistation and even delayed acelleration at 2500 rmp on my 2000OBW (

67, 000 miles). i've searched the archives tonight; possible oxygen sensor, plugs and wires maybe?

anything else to add before it goes to the dealer next week? service bulletin or anything else to check?

thanks much.......

Reply to
mo

Perhaps the Ground Wire Mod might help i a case like this.

Other things to consider is ERG type valves often get sticky and clogged with the byproducts of emissions.

hth, TBerk

Edward Hayes

For me, on my '02, this was caused by plugs. New plugs, new car.

Reply to
Cam Penner

A new fuel filter wouldn't hurt either.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

thanks guys.....

i had thought of all those things and wanted to make sure. i'm scheduled for a tune uo this week, plugs and wires and air filter and i'll probably go ahead and do the fuel filter. i'm worried about the famous oil gasket leak but so far nosigns of a problem.. maybe i just got a lucky one?

scheduled maintenance on the timing belt says 100K in the book. it's hard convincing someone that it's not necessary since they see more $$ in their pocket of course.

i love this place !!

Reply to
mo

oh yea, i searched the archives last night for the preferred spark plug.

any votes from ya'll?

Reply to
mo

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I ordered the tune-up kit from subaruparts.com and received NGK plugs. Fair price, easy install, and the performance is as good as the originals.

-Kurt

mo wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack