Ottawa repairs

Just moved to Ottawa and looking for a reputable Subaru mechanic. Any suggestions? The wife turned on the wipers first thing in the morning the other day and "pop", the drivers side wiper won't move. Thanks

Reply to
paid2fish

Dunno about Subarus, but in many cars the failure of one wiper is in the connection between the post and the wiper arm. You can check if it is popped off, and if so, it probably presses back on. Be sure to get the position about right before pressing it.

My learning on the subject is: make sure the wipers are free and there is no ice on the windshield before turning the wipers on.

Mike (desert rat transplanted to the mountains)

Reply to
Michael Pardee

We have used both of the authorised Subaru dealers with great success: Westboro Subaru Ogilvie Motors Over 330,000 kms in total with no major repairs. Not bad for 11 years with two Subarus, a Loyale for 8 years and now a Legacy for 3. Cheers, Tim

Reply to
Tim Reeve