Buying Rubicon - 2004 or 2005

I'm thinking of buying a Rubicon. I don't like shopping so I don't plan on talking to a salesman until I decide what to buy.

What are the changes between the 2004 and 2005 Rubicon? I've looked on the net but can't find much. The reviews list features but don't say if they are new or the same. The only difference I've found is the manual transmission 5 speed vs 6 speed. Is everything else the same other than, of course, price?

Reply to
alan
2005 offers the Rubicon Unlimited, 2004 only has the short wheelbase version.

My personal opinion is that the RU is the coolest vehicle the Jeep line has ever manufactured, with a possible honorary exception for the original Willys CJ.

Reply to
lambeth65

Rubicon is likely the best factory-equipped SWB Jeep ever for off roading, and a god all-around package as a daily driver. As far as '04 vs. '05, pick the best deal, there's only the 6 spped difernece that's of any note. (I'm not quite sure why we need a 6 speed in a TJ, other than perhaps it saves DC money in some way or another.) I'm not fond of the gray top[ & flares on the '05's I've seen lately, but I'm told they've been changed back to black on current production.

If I was going to get one right now, I'd go for the Rubi Unlimited w/automatic, swap in a 5.5" Rubicon Express or Teraflex lift, some 35's, bumpers and a winch & call it done.

Reply to
SoK66

The SWB/LWB is a hard decision. I like SWB but the extra towing capacity and cargo room of the LWB is nice.

I have an ARB bumper & w>

Reply to
alan

wheelbase