Outback Limited AWP vs AWD?

Can someone help clarify something for me? I'm looking at purchasing a used

2001 Subaru Outback Limited that has 117,000 miles for $8900. When I checked the VIN on carfax it came back as a recommended buy but I noticed in the text it stated the following:

Year/Make/Model: 2001 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBACK AWP Body Style: STATION WAGON Engine: 2.5L H4 PFI DOHC 16V Fuel: GASOLINE Driveline: ALL WHEEL DRIVE Manufactured in: UNITED STATES Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Running Lights, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts Standard Equipment:Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

Is the AWP part a misprint for AWD? Or is there a legitimate difference/reason as to why AWP is there and not AWD? What does AWP stand for??

Reply to
Bradley Walker

AWP usually stands for "All Weather Pack".

Reply to
Richard Kaszeta

Ah, thanks. What is defined as "All Weather Pack"? Or what is included in those features?

Reply to
Bradley Walker

It could be "all weather pack" but my money is on a typo. The only special weather options I have seen (and bought) was heated seats and a windshield wiper de-icer (electric heat strip at base of windshield for frozen wiper blades). But it was not called AWP "All Weather Pack".

Reply to
DAW

Something I noticed from above is for the engine is says DOHC and by

2001 the DOHC engine was no longer in use that I know of. Maybe both are typo's.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

I noticed that too and, having bought an 01 OBW three months ago, plugged my VIN into carfax.com to see. It reported DOHC. The listing may not have been correctly updated when the design changed.

Reply to
John Rethorst

Its a typo. Did the same thing if I plugged in a 2003 VIN, but didn't with a 2002. Also had the DOHC typo too. Carfax wouldn't show the all weather package on their listing.

-Kurt

Bradley Walker wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack