Outback Vs Volvo

Hi

I am currently driving a manual Volvo V70 2.0 LPT with 60k miles . I want to change as I want auto and AWD ( would also have liked diesel but obviously not on an outback ).

I looked at the V70XC but it is way outside my budget and I then began to look at the 2.5 Automatic Outback. It seems to have a good spec although the interior does not seem to have the same quality as the V70. I am wondering has anyone here switched from Volvo to Subaru and also what the outback is like for caravan towing.

Thanks in Advance

John

Reply to
JH

Lots of OBs sold in Australia due to price advantage over Volvo. Personally I prefer manual Subarus over autos for major towing & the manual is at best lukewarm about towing especially with autos. My old Liberty towed ridiculous amounts with only a fuel penalty and increased clutch wear. My 99 OB *now* has a trans cooler. The previous owner *may* have been towing a large boat with it without one (great), so my towing two large fridges not too far through hills in a 300kg trailer just after I got it finished off the clutch pack! At least it was a warranty job so happy ending. Dealer reckons that it would now tow reliably without problems and there are quite a few around the South Coast of NSW (Aus) doing just that. Cheers

Reply to
hippo