P0115 interpretation on a '95 Legacy

OBD II code P0115 means Engine Coolant Temperature Ciruit Malfunction. I need to know if anyone can interpret this for me, especially for a '95 Legacy 2.2L. What are some possible problems that would cause this malfunction code? Does it simply mean that the coolant sensor (or possibly the cabling that serves it) is not working? Having an OBD II monitor is only as useful as understanding what exactly is the problem. Thanks very much for your help.

(BTW, if you happen to have replied to my request for opinions about replacing all idlers with the timing belt, I want to thank you. Replacing everything in that area was the right move for my older Legacy.)

Reply to
bertel

Provide me with an e-mail address and i will send you the pages of the manual on how to diagnose the problem.

In the subject type SUBARU so i do not discard the email as spam.

Good luck,

Alex l e x m i a @ j u n o dot c o m

bertel wrote:

Reply to
AS

On mine it ended up being the coolant temperature sensor

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Thanks for your comments. Fearing the worst (some wiring problem), it turned out to be just the coolant temperature sensor, anyway. Still, somewhat cumbersome to reach.

Reply to
bertel