Maxima 1995: OCCASIONNALLY hiccups, OCCASIONNALLY stops while idling

This is an intermittent problem about which I posted a message on September 3rd.

The car starts easily at any temperature, even on a very cold Qu?bec winter. It runs smoothly, well almost always... Very seldom, it hiccups for a second or two while I drive at regular speed: the inertia restarts the engine. More frequently, but not very frequently, it stalls while the engine is idling. Then I have to use the starter for 10 to 30 seconds before the engine restarts. When it does, I smell a very strong unburned fuel odour in the car. Although I have no absolute proof, I suspect the fuel comes from the exhaust pipe, since I have not seen any fuel leak. In September, I thought that the Engine Control Module cut both the ignition and the fuel... I was wrong: it cuts the ignition only. I just reread the Engine Control Module OBD II codes; I got two. One, P0115 is related to the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit. I am prone to discount it because the problem occurs at any engine or ambient temperature. The other, OBD II P0136, is related to the O2 Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor

2). The Freeze Frame Data is: Fuel System 1 Closed Loop Fuel System 2 Closed Loop This latter code is different from the one I got in September, P1355 related to the Crankshaft Position Sensor Reference.

I am afraid it will be difficult to find because the problem occurs so infrequently. I thank you very much in advance for any help.

Reply to
Jean Castonguay

maf and I think I have a spare if you need one. Starters,Maf and transmissions(automatic) are the issues you see over and over. Email if you are interested and I will see if I have it. :)Nel

Reply to
: