please help me decide which year-model Outback I want

Here's the deal. Got an 1997 Outback and love it. Want to buy a new one. Got the money. But Subaru has pissed me off with some of the stuff they've done since 1997. They've gone to a custom center dashboard, so it no longer has the double-DIN slot where I can put over 100 head-units from Crutchfield. More importantly, I want 5-speed manual tranny, but I also want heated seats (preferably leather) and moonroof; it seems the only way to get these in a new one is to get the 4-cylinder turbo or the 6-cylinder, both unacceptable to me.

So it looks like I need to buy a late-model used one, but I'm not clear on which models have what I want. Can someone enlighten me as to which year they discontinued the DIN standard stereo slots, and which years allow moonroof as an option on a normally-aspirated 4 cylinder with manual tranny.

Thanks, John

Reply to
JGE