Which year D5 UK model to get / avoid ?

I am thinking I might upgrade from my trusty 1997 V70 2.5TDi to a D5 powered model. I am in the UK where I think there are / were both 163 bhp and ? 185 bhp models sold, and would prefer the 185 bhp model, preferably with manual transmission, if available.

Can anyone tell me the models available and any good years / bad years and points to be wary of, or have specifically checked ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick