power intermittent to radio panel

Our 2007 Legacy sedan radio cuts off intermittent usually only once a day, when the car is first started. the other lights in that panel goes out but the functions of the air and blowers that the lights indicated aren't affected. Any one experiences this and knows the cause?

Reply to
mac

My 2005 Imprezza's original el-cheapo radio became intermittent. Swatting it from the console hole underneath often reminded it to work. Eventually FM failed completely and it would only work, sometimes, on AM.

Out of curiosity I asked the dealer what could be done. Send to fix, maybe, for $200, replace for a mere $600.

So I went to the local parts store and bought a perfectly usable new on-special radio for $35, and adjusted the wiring to suit it.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Mines seems to be the power to the radio, since the lights below to the air and heat panel goes out at the same time.

Reply to
mac

I might be suspicious of a ground wire that may be common.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Thanks, I will check that.

Reply to
mac

mac wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

Good day! I have a 1995 legacy Brighton and found some VERY odd faults around the radio and Cig lighter. The 12 volt socket for the lighter had an odd high resistance joint. Voltmeter measured 12 volts OK, but nothing that drew power worked, Turned out to be a badly made crimped joint to the cetre pin of the socket. Soldered it properly and all OK. Have had a few other problems in that area with intermittent radios etc. Suspect that the quality control on the internal wiring of the dash wasn't so good in the mid 1990's. Cliff Wright New Zealand.

Reply to
clifford wright

Import or NZ new ??

Reply to