Re: 2003 Outback H-6 auto trans shifting

Our Outback H-6 with automatic trans is jerking when shifting down

> from D to 3 under certain circumstances. =A0We have been travelling in > Colorado and New Mexico. =A0I have been driving on the Interstates in > those states at or slightly above the speed limits (70 in CO and 75 in > New Mexico). > > If the Outback is on cruise control or I give it enough gas to keep > the speed up while going up steeper hills, the trans will shift from D > to 3 in the 70+ MPH range. =A0When it does if the hill is fairly steep, > there is a nasty jerk when the shift is made. =A0If I shift down > manually or if I take it out of cruise control and let it slow down > then there is no jerk. =A0It seems to me that the auto trans is not > reducing engine RPM's during the shift down. > > We bought this car a year ago and I never noticed the problem before. > But I never drove at this speed in a hilly/mountainous area before > either (we live in South Carolina). > > Is there an adjustment that can be made to the auto trans to fix this > problem?

Hey David,

I had a similar problem with my Outback H6 and I subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times. I hope you find it useful - it's pretty cheap considering the information comes directly from the manufacturer.

Check it out - I copied the link below for you.

Andy Deil

Reply to
ADdiy55

Did you find the solution to the problem?

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp