Re: Coolant change

remove the two plugs/1 block heater, one plug on the underside of the block and the cap. Make sure the heater temp control is in the hottest position. If you are really fastidious you can start the engine for 5 seconds. When refilling have the front of the car slightly elevated and the bleeder in the radiator removed. Drive it until normal temp is reached and run the heater on hot...fan doesn't matter. Now stop and refill after things cool down. TG

I took my 02 Forester S to the dealer for the 30K mile check and the bill > came $361.56 dollars. This included replacing the rear pads. They said the > front pads were ok. Funny the rear should wear out since in my Passat the > rear pads seem to last forever. Must have to do with the AWD. Anyway, they > didn't replace the radiator coolant. Now I'm faced with either taking it > back or replacing it myself. What's the best method to do this while > ensuring no air is left in the system? I know this was posted recently, so > if somebody could repost it I'll be grateful. BTW, this is what they did to > the car: > > windshield washer fluid $3.00 > spark plugs $13.20 > V-belt $11.50 > Fuel Filter $25.80 > Comp belt $6.64 > Air Filter $13.60 > Pad Kit $107.82 > > Total Parts $181.56 > > Labor $180.00 > > The car feels like new, with more power and smoother engine idling. > > While there, I looked at the 2004 Forester turbo...very nice. > > Thanx, > > Ben > > >
Reply to
TG

Owners manual should show location of bleeder plug on engine. I did on my '98 and only problem was messy removal of old coolant, i.e. it sprayed all over and bucket did not catch it all. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo