Re: MY03 WRX

Evening All,

> > I am seriously looking at purchasing a wrx. I took one for a test drive > last week and was very impressed, never driven one before nor been a > passenger in one, man what an experience. > > In talking with the dealer he was recommending that I trade it in after 3 > years (prior to doing 100,000km) but I never asked why I he was > recommending that. Do you know why he would have said that? Is this due to > mechanical reasons, ie you start to get expensive repair bill/servicing > costs etc or is it related to trade in value and the release of new models > every 3 years or so.

Trade-in value.

Reply to
Ragnar

i drove the wrx, and the ts wagon. The wrx is awesome... the ts wagon is quite good to. I thought about it, the wrx is over 10,000 bucks (canada funds) more then the ts. The wrx has 62 more horse power... so that works out to 161 bucks/hp that your paying. Not to mention you gotta run premium in the wrx also. I suppose my posting here isnt on topic with your question. But i just really wanted to say that :D I think i am gonna go with the 2.5ts and do intake, headers, exhaust. And still have money left over, not to mention ill be running on a much cheaper fuel.

The reason for trading it in in 3 years, is often because your warranty is up, and it will have its maxium value for trade in.

Reply to
dontbeleivethis

My dealer made a comment that after 3 years or so the machines that press the body molds "wear out". That's why every 3 years or so a new body style comes out for Subaru's. This was an odd explanation in my opinion and have no idea what kind of merit (if any) it has...or if that would matter for trade-in (nobody wants the old body style or something? Shoot, I prefer my '02 over the '04). Anyway, this was an interesting little tidbit that's probably crap.

Reply to
Orion