Re: Window curtains for OBW?

"Neal" wrote in

> news:STCTa.115611$GL4.30392@rwcrnsc53: > > > Does anybody know if someone makes aftermarket window curtains for > > Outback wagons? > > if they did, it would cost alot. All the 2005 models will have side curtain > airbags.

Are you sure he was actually talking about side curtain airbags, and not just regular old window curtains? You know the kind that blocks out the sun?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Well, I don't know if I've ever seen those kinds of curtains. I have seen some of these curtain nets which cut the sunlight glare through the back window without adversely affecting your rearview, but I haven't seen curtains that completely block the light. Have considered really dark tinting?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I have the darkest window tinting available on my OBW, you can't see in unless you really try.

I then have a sheet that a put up on a bungie cord behind the front seats. If you center two small bungies on each side of the car between the grabhandles it centers the curtain rod bungie perfectly.

The sheet is maroon, the same color as the car and pretty dark. You can walk by the car in broad daylight, and look in, and not even notice a curtain is up. It just looks dark.

Works great. No idea on curtains. I'd just make some. The tinting works fine for my camping, which really only requires a little privacy in the morning after the sun comes up.

nate

Reply to
uglymoney

I think what Larry is saying is that depending where the side airbags are located on future models, side curtains may impede the function of the airbags.

Ron

Reply to
Rockin Ronnie

Well I certainly hope that Neil wasn't intending to _drive_ with the curtains drawn!

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens