Recomendations for Power Inverter for my 2003 OBW...

I'd like to be able to charge my Video Camera and other things while on road trips. Any Suggestions on a power inverter that I can hardwire into the car?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Actually, all you would normally need is the camera's Automobile cable. My video camera batteries are 9 volt and the cable which came with the camera matches the voltage to the camera to charge the batteries. Batteries are all a DC device and would charge right off the car's system unless you have Battery packs of higher voltage than your car. To invert up to AC and then back down again to DC would waste a lot of power in the conversions although it could be done. That said, I DO have a REDI-LINE DA12L in my Old 80 Subaru Brat which I use to run grinders, drills, coffee pot, and such essentials at nonwired jobsites. It was simple to install in the engine compartment, requires no battery power unless Power is being used and outputs 1600 watts. I think it would be overkill for your use but they also make others.

Reply to
JW