Reference for Diagnostic Trouble Codes ?

Anyone know of an on-line lookup for DTC's? Got a CEL yesterday afternoon, and local Autozone pulled it for me..."P1491, Manufactorer Control/Auxilliary Emissions Control". I'd like to narrow it down a bit more before taking the drive to dealer.

Steve

04 WRX
Reply to
CompUser

An '04 and I assume under 50k miles and in the US? Unless you left the gas cap off, which would be a P0440 or 42, why care. It's a no cost to you emissions failure.

Reply to
Greg

Curiousity more than anything. I was going over grounds the day before (found two with no star washers, just bolt & ring terminal screwed down on intact painted surface), and smearing connectors with NoAlox...going back, I found one connector that wasn't "clicked", which probably caused the CEL.

Since Autozone will pull codes for free, a look- up table would be nice, and not just for this specific case...

Steve

Reply to
CompUser

This site has the codes:

MAC

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thanks Mac---good reference. Ed, the link is good.

Steve

Reply to
CompUser

The main site is:

click on "trouble codes" to navigate to:

or if your browser doesn't respond, copy and paste to 'open file'

Reply to
MAC