Removing side moldings from Dodge Spirit

I have decided to have my Dodge Spirit painted. I would like to remove as much as the trim and molding as possible, instead of having the shop mask around it.

I would like to know how the wide moldings that run along the sides are held on. Are they glued on, or are they held on with some sort of clips?

Daniel, I am guessing that you know the answer to this, so I anxiously await your response.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

They're held on with closed-cell foam tape that has adhesive on both sides.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thank you. On the front and rear bumper covers, are the moldings just part of the cover and painted black?

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Oh, you must have an '89-'90 with the "looks like rubber bump strips but they're really hard plastic" bumper trim. They eliminated this for '91. I'm fairly certain they're separate pieces, but I could be wrong; I haven't owned an '89-'90.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern