Removing the fake wood trim to install a new sound system

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain how I can remove that fake wood piece that covers the factory installed sound sytem, so that I can install a new sound system.

Reply to
SomeKid

Remove the cup holder...2 screws. Then pull the ashtray and find the other

2 screws that have to be removed. Not sure but I think the center console trim needs to also come off. That's it.
Reply to
johninKY

You didn't specify what model year. Older cars had two screws at the cup holder, and two kinda hidden ones in the ashtray (they screw "up" thru the ashtray carrier). Newer only have the screws at the cupholder (as well as many older models; frequently the ashtray screws are overlooked during removal efforts ;-), and a couple plastic snap-in clips. Newer yet (ie my '02 WRX) only have the plastic clips, two at the top, and two at the lower corners. Use a thin bladed tool to carefully pry the clips loose; a butter knife works well. Hope this helps.

ByeBye! S.

Thanks for the quick response....I got it off really easily.

Reply to
Seanclong

I am glad to see you got your answer. I just want to point out for anyone else who might be interested that Crutchfield.com has this sort of info.

I have no financial interest in Crutchfield. I have just been a customer of theirs for over 20 years.

Jay M Hillsboro, VA

2003 Subaru Baja Sport
Reply to
jMon54