Replacement tires for 1998 Subaru Forester S

I am looking for replacement tires for my 1998 Subaru Forester S. I live in Minnesota and need good snow and ice traction. I looked at several postings in this group and reviewed many options on Tirerack.

The Continental ContiExtremeContact (Ultra High Performance All-Season) seem to appeal to me the most. They have a really good user approval rating with respect to both snow traction and tread wear. What do you think about installing Ultra High Performance All-Seasons on the Forester?

Reply to
Swaroop

Are you looking for a winter only tire as a second set or a year round set? My Blizzak LM-02's were great in ice and snow (in fact I have a set on e-bay size 205/70R15 since they don't fit my 2004 Outback). I used to have Blizzak WS-50's which had great snow traction but lacked cornering of the LM-02's. My new Outback will be getting WS-02's since no other Blizzak styles came in my size.

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
Swaroop

Yeah.. those Blizzaks are good for about 30k miles and then they are basically an allseason set. not worth buying them unless you plan on buying new ones every winter..

Reply to
JonnieBlue