Right-hand side mirror won't go up-down - Outback 2002 2.5L 4AT

I have Outback 2002 2.5 4AT. My problem is with right-hand side mirror. It won't go up or down when I try to adjust it.

So, the switch (on the driver's door) for mirror adjustment is set on right-hand side mirror and I can move the mirror left-right, but cannot up-down.

When I flip the switch to left-hand side mirror all is good. Left-right or up-down, all is ok.

My theories are:

- Connector for vertical movement motor are broken

- Vertical movement motor is broken

- Fuse for vertical movement motor (if there is such thing)

- Other

Anybody had this problem?

Also, how can I open right-hand side mirror? What do I have to do to get behind the mirror?

Thanks, Voja

Reply to
Voja

Problem solved. I used hair drier to remove the mirror (soften the mirror holder) and then good old WD-40 took care of vertical motor.

Voja

Voja wrote:

Reply to
Voja
2002-should still be under warranty-take it to the dealer.

Reply to
Quest

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I'm out of b-2-b warranty some 35K km ago.

Voja

Quest wrote:

Reply to
Voja

mine isn't, as a purchaser of a 2002 in late 2001 with the 3yr/ 36,000 mile warranty

Reply to
Bobby