Rocky Mountain edition

Hi all,

My wife and I are having trouble deciding between Outback and Forester. Any suggestion? What are the main differences between these two? We are looking for one from 2001-2004. We looked at a 2001 Outback yesterday, a Rocky Mountain edition. What's special about this edition? We are living in Omaha and basically want to get a safe and reliable family car.

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Ananas

Never heard of it, it is probably something the dealer cooked up and consists of hundreds of $ of ugly stickers or something. TG

Reply to
TG

The Outback is a bit larger (legroom and cargo space) and heavier. The drivetrains are basically the same, unless you get the higher $ 6-cylinder version of the Outback. Because of the size and weight difference, the

4-cylinder Outback should get slightly less fuel mileage and be slightly slower than the Forester. The Rocky Mountain Edition is indeed just a an Outback with "RME" insignia. Nothing special.
Reply to
tcassette