rotating tires on Forester

I wouldn't either - if I already owned an '04 lol!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I routinely rotate my tires every other oil change. Since I do this myself, I know they are getting put back on at the correct torque settings. Little things like this take little time, do not cost much, and in the long run save money and time.

'03 Baja Virginia, USA

Reply to
jMon54

Reply to
Edward Hayes

just to add a word of warning: make sure the wheel nuts are properly torqued!!!

the last two times i've had the wheels off my car ('02 legacy wagon) the nuts weren't torqued: the first time i almost lost a wheel on a long highway trip (both right side wheels were making enough noise that we thought it was bad wheel bearing - all 10 nuts on that side were "finger-tight"!!!) and the next time i had the car in for service (same dealer), i lost a lug nut within a couple of days.

needless to say, i'm not giving THAT dealer any more business, and i've invested in my very own torque wrench!

....... tom kle> Is it necessary to rotate the tires on my 04 Forester? I have heard

Reply to
tom klein

no, actually, 1/4" is only about 0.3% of 82".

a calculator is only as good as the person using it.

....... tom klein

Reply to
tom klein

Reply to
Edward Hayes
2005 Forester has a full size spare, at least on the XS model with manual transmission. I had a blow out at 5000 miles, and the other 3 were well within 1/4" circumference of the new spare. Put it on the ground with the other 3, and bought a Kuhmo for a spare which has a slightly smaller diameter than the originals. I figure this will work until I plan to go to Goodyear Triple Threads around 30,000 miles, as others have gotten from the Geolanders.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom