Forester pulling to right - alignment and tires good!?

Hi,

My brand new forester saga continues -

The car is 3 mos old and has 4K miles, it has been pulling since day one. The dealer has acknowledged the problem. They corrected the alignment but the problem remained so they thought the tires. After replacing the tires, the problem did go away.

Now with all four brand new michelin tires, and alignment within spec, the car still pulls to the right. The dealer and I are both puzzled.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Cricket Fan

Hi,

My brand new forester saga continues -

The car is 3 mos old and has 4K miles, it has been pulling since day one. The dealer has acknowledged the problem. They corrected the alignment but the problem remained so they thought the tires. After replacing the tires, the problem did not go away.

Now with all four brand new michelin tires, and alignment within spec, the car still pulls to the right. The dealer and I are both puzzled.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Cricket Fan

Reply to
Edward Hayes

All of the assumptions are correct. But you have raised good points to pursue. Regarding the car not sitting level - I do not see it. In case of a damaged car and chassis sprung, that I believe I would have to go to another mechanic to see what goes on there. In this case do you feel, in the long term this can cause serious damage to the car besides tire wear out?

Thanks.

Reply to
Cricket Fan

Reply to
Edward Hayes

My 2003 Forester was bought outside USA. It has the same problem (which I reported here earlier). I also replaced tires and there is an uneven wear on the new ones. I still think there is a need to re-design the front wheels geometry in the Forester.

Reply to
Yoram S