Squealing Fanbelt on 88 XT-6

How do i adjust the fanbelt on my xt/xt-6? I see the slider bolt that should be the one, but I'm not sure where the lock bolt that locks it is.

Any help?

TIA

Reply to
Vince Heuring

It's that acorn-looking nut in the center of the idler pulley. Don't forget to retighten it after the belt adjustment.

Reply to
johninKY

Great, thanks! Now what should it be torqued to? (I know, until it stops squealing. :-) But is there a torque specified?

TIA, Vince

Reply to
Vince Heuring

Probably is but I don't know it. Visit/join

johninKY