starts hard when cold

I have 1993 Subaru Legacy wagon ---Anything below 45 to 40 degrees I have a real hard time starting this car. I've replaced plugs and wires the fuel filter and was thinking it might be the fuel pump ? Check engine light is still on . Could this be a sensor ? Starts fine in the summer.

Thanks Peter

Reply to
Peterlegacy

quite possibly the temp sensor. Not sure on a 93 but likely to be a seperate sensor from the coolant sensor. Basically, the ECU doesn't go into 'choke' mode at low temps.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Peterlegacy wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Could be a lot of things.

Get the CEL code pulled and come back.

Reply to
CompUser

Carl's right on the money with his suggestion.

Do you have a check engine light? If so, there are diagnostics connectors under the dash that will enable to read the error code. If it is the thermo sensor, you can reset the code and the car should start normally again (until the next time you need to start it cold, that is). This is only a temporary fix, as you will still need to replace the thermo sensor. For the procedure, see

Remco

Reply to
Remco