strange AT behavior

In the last several weeks I noticed some strange behavior while driving. It seems like the TC is unlocking for a brief moment. It repeats this maybe 3-6 times then stops for the rest of the journey. This has happened 3-4 times in last 2 weeks. It feels similar to the AC compressor cycling on/off but AC is not on. Also the tach jumps

200-250 RPM which seem like less than it should if the TC fully unlocked. The whole event take maybe 2 secs, just long enough to be able to notice the movement of the tach. There is no CEL or other indication of what is happening. I notice this about 5-10 mins after getting under way. The event repeats itself anywhere from 5-20 secs but is repeating itself at a seemingly constant rate for the same trip.

Really don't know where to start looking. My first guess in the computer and I wouldn't think it is an electrical connection due to the consistency and brevity of the event.

Anyone got an idea?

Background:

2000 OBW, Alt: 200', Grade: level, Speed: 55-65 mph, constant and on different roads, temp: low 70's.
Reply to
Mickey

Edward Hayes