1992 Mazda mx-3 AC problem...

Hi all - I have a 92 Mazda v4 mx3 stick...

Anyone here know about their ac systems? Mine stopped blowing cold last week and I'm DYIN'!

Anyway -

- confirmed that it's fully charged

- when I idle the car with no heat/ac it sits at 1k on the tach

- when I turn the fan on to high (ac off) the tach jumps to 1250

- when I hit the ac with the fan still on high the tach jumps to 1750 for a few secs, drops back to 1250, and keeps jumping up and down like that every few seconds. The air isn't any colder than when the fan is just on by itself.

I looked through my chiltons, but it doesn't really go into detail as to what to look for... one guy suggested that maybe a wiring harness was bad, but if it were a bad connects it probably wouldn't even kick on right?

Anyway - I was hoping someone might have a tip or two as to how to track down the problem...

Thanks!

Reply to
Alex Ferguson