Strut lifetime

Has anyone had to change their suspension struts? At 95k miles, my Outback is a little softer than new, but still ok. I'm wondering what experience others have had.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Mine have never lasted that long. TG

Reply to
TG

all struts wear out.

95k is a lot of miles!

jm2c ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

When did you replace the struts (the mileage) ?

I have a '99 Legacy with about 95K actual miles and still handles great.

Reply to
X-Eliminator

I don't know. It didn't feel like it was broken-in until I had about 40k on it. The

95k miles were easy miles for a Subaru.
Reply to
Jim Stewart

What exactly is meany by a strut? Is it the entire spring/shock assembly?

Reply to
user
111K miles on my 97 Legacy Wagon (not outback) and I can't tell any difference.

Reply to
Jim

My 91 Legacy wagon has 130k on it and the rear struts are getting a little soft and I will replace them in the next few months- handling is ok tho Derek

Reply to
Del

In message - "Del" writes: :>

:>

:>My 91 Legacy wagon has 130k on it and the rear struts are getting a little :>soft :>and I will replace them in the next few months- handling is ok tho :>Derek :>

:>

:>---

Just replaced my rear struts & springs at 110k miles ('94 legacy wagon). Talk about a MAJOR improvement (better cornering and very little body roll). I probably get the front struts & springs done in the fall.

Rob

Reply to
rob

210,000 kilometers on my 96 Brighton and handling is firm even a little hard. No rolling or pitching. I bought a complete set of struts a few months back (low price at 1stSubaruparts and strong Can dollar...) as preventive maintenance and I'm still waiting for the first signs of failure to install them... Seems I was over zealous...
Reply to
Gilles Gour