subaru forester

I am looking to buy a second hand subaru forester. I took one in for an inspection and the main thing that worries me is that there was an offset between the rear and front axle (about 0.35 degrees). I know that this could be because of an accident but a carfax report shows nothing. The mechanic suggested a wheel alignment may make the problem go away. I was looking at the worst case downside. If I do buy the car and a wheel alignment does not make the problem go away how much could it cost me to fix?

Thanks, shsh

Reply to
shsh

Inspect the tread wear for other signs of misalignment. If so, ask the owner to get an aligment before selling the car.

Reply to
BSackamano