94 impreza intake

hey guys,

I just bought a 94 impreza and im super happy with it. ANywyas, I was wondering about adding some sort of improved air intake system.

On the impreza air intake pipe from the air filter to the throttle body, there are 2 little tubes that branch out and stop flat.

I was wondering if I could cut off the closed tips and fasten on little air filter cones. The tube should be about 1.5" in diameter.

I figured I could get two little filters easily instead of replacing the entire intake. Would this cause any improvement to the performance/fuel economy.

If anyone has any ideas or experience, please let em know, thanks, alex

Reply to
A Doc