SUBARU MY05 Impreza - central locking & key problem

I bought my Subaru brand new, last winter the key (auto opening system) only work during the day when it was warm, but would malfunction in the early hours of the morning and late at night (the temp was noticeable colder) summer time no probs whatsoever. This winter the key wont work at all, so I thought ok the battery is dead. I just changed the battery (yes its in the the right way) and a BIG FAT Nothing. Spare key (never used) samething wont work. Car is out of warranty, and I dont want to take it to an auto-elec in case its a fuse or somehting silly like that.... HELP

Reply to
kouks911

George Duff

You may need to 'register' the remotes to the system. The procedure should be in the manual. It probably can be found at

or the dealer can do that for you.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

:D Thanks Carl I?ll give this a try. I have been going nuts without this feature especially when carrying heaps of stuff, I love my subie.

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote: > kouks911 wrote: > > > I bought my Subaru brand new, last winter the key (auto > opening > > system) only work during the day when it was warm, but would > > malfunction in the early hours of the morning and late at > night (the > > temp was noticeable colder) summer time no probs whatsoever. > This > > winter the key wont work at all, so I thought ok the battery > is dead. > > I just changed the battery (yes its in the the right way) > and a BIG > > FAT Nothing. Spare key (never used) samething wont work. Car > is out of > > warranty, and I dont want to take it to an auto-elec in case > its a > > fuse or somehting silly like that.... HELP > > > > You may need to 'register' the remotes to the system. The > procedure > should be in the manual. It probably can be found at >

or the dealer can > do that for > you. > > Carl > 1 Lucky Texan > -- > to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Reply to
kouks911