Can I use a Central locking key electronics from another impreza

Hi,

I was wondering if I was to buy a key with central locking from someone else who has the same year impreza, would it be possible to re-code that key's central locking chips so it will work on my Impreza and just replace the actual key and re-cut it etc.

Would it work? Im just looking for some cheaper alternatives then going to Subaru to give me a new central locking key as they are really expensive!

Reply to
operationcg