Subwoofer in 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan

I just bought the car, and, because it has a navigation system, was told that it can't have a subwoofer because the navigation DVD player is under the driver's seat, where the subwoofer would normally go (I've read that this can be relocated to under the passenger seat, so that the subwoofer CAN be placed under the driver's seat).

I assume this is the subwoofer with speaker and amp contained in one unit?

Soooo...what's the single speaker mounting hole in the left rear of the deck for--and...why couldn't Subaru have put a subwoofer there?

Thanks!

Reply to
Bill Bradley

On OB sport subwoofer is under the passenger's seat. Have you checked there?

Reply to
isquat

Yep, under the driver's seat is the navi DVD player, under the passenger seat is nothing.

Oh and, I meant on the left side of the rear deck (like behind the rear passenger seats)--didn't come out right, the first time...

Reply to
Bill Bradley

Reply to
Tcassette

Reply to
Bill Bradley

Reply to
Tcassette

If you open the trunk, and look up under the rear deck (whatever you call the area between the rear seats and the rear window) on the driver's side, there is a single mounting hole for a speaker (no corresponding hole on the passenger side), so, I'm assuming this is for a subwoofer. I was just wondering why Subaru couldn't put one there, rather than the combo one under the driver's seat.

Reply to
Bill Bradley

>>> "Bill Bradley" wrote in message > >>> news:NqednXelXphaqCbYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...> >>>>I just bought the car, and, because it has a navigation system, was told > >>>>that it can't have a subwoofer because the navigation DVD player is > >>>>under the driver's seat, where the subwoofer would normally go (I've > >>>>read that this can be relocated to under the passenger seat, so that the > >>>>subwoofer CAN be placed under the driver's seat). Probably because the rear deck is a maelstrom of rattley bits.

Reply to
CompUser

My guess is that, if possible, Subaru wants to stock and sell only one powered subwoofer that will fit all body styles of a particular series, e.g., Legacy/Outback. They did offer a unique subwoofer in the cargo area of the 2006 Outback VDC wagon because that model came standard with the navigation system; however, I bet the low sales volume of that model contributed to the demise of that feature.

Reply to
Tcassette

Anyone have a part number? My '07 LL Bean Nav Outback Wagon could use a subwoofer. Dealer said that none were available because of the navigation system.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives