Switching from Honda to Subaru

I've heard it attributed to the nazi propogandist Joseph Goebbels.

Reply to
Cameo

Catherine Jefferson

Check the maintenance list in your owner's manual. I bet you'll find that all of the maintenance actions say to do tham at X miles or Y months, and that typically Y = X/1000. With regard to belts and tires, it makes sense that in time, even if not used a lot, rubber will age, dry out, and weaken.

Reply to
John Varela

Both the local Toyota dealer and a fromer factory rep say mileage, not time. My mom had the belt on her Camry changed about 8 years ago. 1986 Camry with 87,000 miles on it...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Allow me an off topic aside...

I caught the joke in Cameo's post.

I'll admit that when I was young I thought hunting was barbaric. However, after talking with some friends while in the Navy who had grown up in other areas of the country, I saw that the deer population really is a nuissance, and since we have eliminated mos tof their natural predators in most areas, something needs to be done. I was so converted that I wanted to go hunting. I had ben good at archery in middle school and thought it would be great. Then I tried venison. I didn't like it at all. It was very gamey. So still have nver been hunting, and probably won't go, but I'm fine with others doing it as long as I don't have to eat the meat.

Allowing an animal to actually live a life before you eat it beats penning it up in a field or henhouse. But I'll admit that I do eat beef and chicken. Oh well. We can't all be perfect.

Bill

Reply to
weelliott

Oh, good! There are now two of you. ;-)

May own personal objection to hunting is that I just don't have the stomack to cut up and field-dress an animal. But that's just me.

Reply to
Cameo

Same here. But I have no problem eating Bambi that someone else has killed and cut up...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Me neither. I just don't want to know how the sausage is made.

Reply to
Cameo