test drive trick?

I just test-drove a 2003 Subaru stick-shift Forester at a dealership. Nice car. Peppy. On opening the hood, I noticed the large-bore tube between the air filter and an inner air-filter (?) was not connected.

This would seem to point to problems in the shop, but also could it be a reason why the car felt so peppy? I'm not an auto-maven, but it would seem to make sense.

Do you think this might have been a dealer's trick? A mistake? My imagination?

Thanks!

Autodog

Reply to
autodog

Having the filter unplugged would not make much of a difference performance wise other than the motor getting dirty, unfiltered air into it. Other than that there isn't going to be much of a difference in performance (positive power wise) it was probably just a mistake.

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

THANKS FOR THE INFO - AUTODOG