The sti is a nice drive, but...

Fine, so don't buy one. Don't be so insecure as to worry about what other people think, though. At the end of the day it is about how it drives, not what it looks like.

Incidentally, the UK TV programme Top Gear took the STi to Scotland and put it head to head with the latest Evo. Neither of the presenters could put their finger on any significant difference in performance, but both said the preferred the Scooby.

Needless to say, the Evo was quicker around the test track.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

The ;-) indicated I was kidding around a bit. I would never have put a poster of the STi [or similar] on my bedroom wall when I was 17. I "painted" the walls myself, and had posters of impressionist and expressionist artists on the walls, interrupted by posters of Procul Harum, CCR, and a high-resolution chart of the moon, and whatnot. I was into solar powered cars and perhaps the Renault Alpine and VW Bus (which one of them I fixed up with a buddy).

Exactly - a good argument to get the XT! (Apart from some practical considerations).

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

Single camshaft *per* *bank*, of course.

It couldn't be an *overhead* camshaft otherwise, could it?

-- Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Hoult