sti vs. outback vs. etc (wrt price)

Mine is finally broken in so I can play with it. I followed the dealer recommendations; nothing over 4000 RPM and no constant RPMs for the first

3000 miles (5000 KM). It continues to get stronger, and my freinds who have owned Scoobies tell me it will continue to until about 16000KM (10000 Miles). It is insane performance. But, for those of us who are insane with performance, but sane about dollars, there is no better car.
Reply to
FNO

Here's a novel idea....why not follow the instructions in the handbook?

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

Helpful as ever eh, Dave? Helpful like a toothache! You don't have to tell people obvious stuff like RTFM. Just don't bother responding, it makes you look like a jerk when you tell people to read the manual. For someone who does not yet own the car and is waiting on delivery they CAN'T read the manual so give it a rest. You used to post helpful info, now all you do is post drivel.

Reply to
Shomuni

Read the handbook when you get the car? Seriously, it's not a big issue, which may be why the dealer was a bit vague. I find it hard to believe he doesn't know that the only official advice is to keep it under 4000rpm, other than for brief periods, for the first 1000 miles, though. Anything else is unnecessary and, frankly, if you start thrashing it after 3 to 400 it will probably break in a bit quicker. These cars are very tight. Mine is still getting faster after 60,000.

Sorry, but you are a top-poster for a start.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

Top-poster means you place your message above the one you reply too. Usenet netiquette requires you to place it below - so that the thread sequence is preserved. Just like here. This makes it easier to read and understand text and attribution.

DK

Reply to
D.K.

The advice I've tried to follow with my new vehicles (mostly motorcycles) is to fairly early on use the entire RPM range, but only with very light throttle openings.

In particular, stomping on the throttle at 3000 RPM is a much bigger engine killer than doing 5000 RPM with a partially-open throttle.

-- Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Hoult

oops, Sorry :)

Reply to
Richard Gary Clark

Not being mean, you understand, but this is quite hilarious.

Reply to
H. Brown