Touching up paint

It's been my experience that touch-up paint for scratches generally looks like a glob of crap.

Can you wet sand the paint glob down with 2000 grit? Does this work well on a Subaru paint job with its clear coat?

Reply to
Jay Alperson

Look into this product, it is used after touch-up to reduce the "blob" and even the touched-up area with the surrounding paint-

mulder

Out of interest have you used it? I'm curious as to if its just a clear liquid -such as reducer, or if it contains fine rubbing compound. I've dealt with some spots by using touch up paint and then wiping with reducer on a cloth to remove most of the excess. After it dries I would finish by hand buffing it out with something that contained compound. Next time I might try a card w cloth and reducer instead of compound and see what happens.

F.plant

Reply to
F. Plant