Newbie choosing subaru sedan under $10k. Help appreciated!

Hi,

I want to have awd but don't like bulky suv or even wagons. I feel like subaru awd sedan is the way to go for me. I want something for less than 9000$ at

Reply to
berkeleyman

May want to avoid the 99 model. I've been told the 99 model year 2.5 was an one-off engine design. In other words many of the 99 engine parts are one-year specific parts and are more expensive because of this. Also a little more difficult to find.

Reply to
johninKY
98 and 99 2.5L engines had an increase in head gasket problems. If you do go for one make sure you check the service records at Subaru to see if any problems were noted and or corrected.
Reply to
Edward Hayes