Touch-up scratches w/marker

I have a dark blue ford van and I don't want to go to all the trouble of fixing scratches properly, the van looks pretty good, and its a work truck anyway. However I have noticed that if I just hit the slight scratches with an ordinary permanent black marker they essentially dissappear. Which is great except that the marker turns out to be not so permanent and is gone in a week or two. Anyone have a similar permanent solution?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
rmg

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 07:06:45 -0800, rmg rearranged some electrons to form:

Uh, how about touch-up paint?

Reply to
David M

Buy the smallest paint brush at an arts and craft store and a can of spray paint

Spray some in the cap and touch it up, maybe 2 times

The thinner paint in a can works better with small scratches then touch-up paint that is much thicker

Reply to
johanb

Can you wet sand the paint glob down with 2000 grit? Does this work well on a Subaru paint job with its clear coat?

Reply to
Jay Alperson

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:50:07 -0800, rmg rearranged some electrons to form:

LOL... and you think using a magic marker looks better?

Sounds like your van is a glob of crap anyway, so what's a little more? If you're not willing to do the job right, then you deserve everything you get.

Reply to
David M

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:55:13 -0800, rmg rearranged some electrons to form:

I have tried touchup paint on numerous occasions and had no problems. I haven't tried magic marker on anything I cared about.

Reply to
David M