Transmission Oil Cooler

Any suggestions on how to install a transmission oil cooler in a 2003 Forrester?

I went to U-Haul to get one installed and they made a hole in the radiator. They installed the cooler between the AC evaporator and the radiator.

I plan on towing a small folding (Aliner) camper (1200 lbs to 1400 lbs) and do not want to risk burning up the transmission. I know there is a heat sensor on the transmission that will tell me if the oil is getting too hot, but that will do me no good if it comes on and I am the middle of no-where.

I towed a small camper (1000 lbs with my 91 Toyota Camry (4 cylinder) for many years. I bought the Subaru shortly after I asked several mechanics what caused the Camry transmission oil to turn so black. They all said to dump the car (flushed the transmission 4 times) and buy a new one. Luckily, the car is still running (230K miles) great.

Thanks much in advance

Mel

Reply to
Mel